🎯 NARRATION CHANGE 🎯
SSC | PSC | RAIL | POLICE Exam Special Notes
📌 Narration কী?
কারো বলা কথাকে দুইভাবে প্রকাশ করা যায় —
- Direct Speech → বক্তার কথা হুবহু quotation mark ("") এর মধ্যে লেখা হয়
- Indirect Speech → বক্তার কথা নিজের ভাষায়, quotation mark ছাড়া লেখা হয়
Direct: He said, "I am happy."
Indirect: He said that he was happy.
Indirect: He said that he was happy.
🧩 Direct Speech এর গঠন
প্রতিটি Direct Speech-এ দুটি অংশ থাকে —
Reporting Verb
যেমনঃ He said, She says, They told me — quotation mark এর আগের অংশ
যেমনঃ He said, She says, They told me — quotation mark এর আগের অংশ
Reported Speech
যেমনঃ "I am going home." — quotation mark এর ভিতরের অংশ
যেমনঃ "I am going home." — quotation mark এর ভিতরের অংশ
🔁 Reporting Verb পরিবর্তনের নিয়ম
Reported Speech যদি Assertive Sentence হয় তাহলে নিচের নিয়ম অনুসরণ করতে হবে —
said to → told
যদি Reporting Verb এর পরে Object থাকে (কাকে বলা হয়েছে), তাহলে "said to" পরিবর্তন হয়ে "told" হবে
He said to me, "I am tired." → He told me that he was tired.
Object না থাকলে "said" ঠিকই থাকবে, শুধু "that" যোগ হবে
He said, "I am tired." → He said that he was tired.
⏳ Tense পরিবর্তনের নিয়ম
শর্ত: Reporting Verb যদি Past Tense এ থাকে (said/told), তাহলে Reported Speech এর Tense ও পরিবর্তন হবে। Reporting Verb Present/Future হলে Tense পরিবর্তন হবে না।
✅ প্রধান পরিবর্তনগুলো:
Present Indefinite → Past Indefinite
"I play." → He said that he played.
Present Continuous → Past Continuous
"I am playing." → He said that he was playing.
Present Perfect → Past Perfect
"I have played." → He said that he had played.
Present Perfect Continuous → Past Perfect Continuous
"I have been playing." → He said that he had been playing.
Past Indefinite → Past Perfect
"I played." → He said that he had played.
Past Continuous → Past Perfect Continuous
"I was playing." → He said that he had been playing.
shall/will → should/would
"I shall go." → He said that he would go.
can → could,
may → might,
must → had to
"I can swim." → He said that he could swim.
⚠️ Past Perfect এর কোনো পরিবর্তন হয় না, কারণ এটাই সবচেয়ে পিছনের tense।
⚠️ চিরন্তন সত্য (Universal Truth) বা Habitual কাজ হলে Tense পরিবর্তন হয় না।
উদাহরণ: He said that the sun rises in the east.
⚠️ চিরন্তন সত্য (Universal Truth) বা Habitual কাজ হলে Tense পরিবর্তন হয় না।
উদাহরণ: He said that the sun rises in the east.
👤 Pronoun পরিবর্তনের নিয়ম
একটি সহজ Formula মনে রাখুনঃ
🔑 Person Rule: 1st Person বদলায় Subject অনুযায়ী, 2nd Person বদলায় Object অনুযায়ী, 3rd Person কখনো বদলায় না।
I → Subject অনুযায়ী (he/she/they)
We → Subject অনুযায়ী (they)
You → Object অনুযায়ী (him/her/them)
He/She/They/It → অপরিবর্তিত থাকে
We → Subject অনুযায়ী (they)
You → Object অনুযায়ী (him/her/them)
He/She/They/It → অপরিবর্তিত থাকে
He said to me, "I love you." → He told me that he loved me.
🕒 Time & Place শব্দের পরিবর্তন
Reporting Verb Past Tense হলে নিচের শব্দগুলো পরিবর্তন হয় —
- now → then
- here → there
- today → that day
- tonight → that night
- tomorrow → the next day / the following day
- yesterday → the day before / the previous day
- this → that
- these → those
- ago → before
- last night → the previous night / the night before
- next week/year → the following week/year
- last week/year → the previous week/year
1️⃣ Assertive Sentence এর Narration
Connector হিসেবে "that" ব্যবহার হয়
Direct: She said, "I am fine."
Indirect: She said that she was fine.
Indirect: She said that she was fine.
2️⃣ Interrogative Sentence এর Narration
প্রশ্নবোধক বাক্যে দুই ধরনের নিয়ম প্রযোজ্য —
🅰️ Yes/No প্রশ্ন (Auxiliary verb দিয়ে শুরু)
Reporting Verb said/said to → asked
Connector হিসেবে if / whether বসে
Connector হিসেবে if / whether বসে
Direct: He said to me, "Are you well?"
Indirect: He asked me if I was well.
Indirect: He asked me if I was well.
🅱️ WH- প্রশ্ন (What, Where, Who, Why, When, How)
WH- word নিজেই Connector হিসেবে কাজ করে, আলাদা connector লাগে না
Direct: He said to me, "Where do you live?"
Indirect: He asked me where I lived.
Indirect: He asked me where I lived.
⚠️ Interrogative Sentence Indirect হলে Question mark (?) উঠে যায় এবং বাক্য Statement এর মতো (Subject + Verb) হয়ে যায়।
3️⃣ Imperative Sentence এর Narration
আদেশ, অনুরোধ, উপদেশ বোঝালে —
আদেশ (Order) হলে said/said to → ordered/commanded
অনুরোধ (Request) হলে → requested
উপদেশ (Advice) হলে → advised
Verb এর আগে to বসে (Affirmative হলে)
অনুরোধ (Request) হলে → requested
উপদেশ (Advice) হলে → advised
Verb এর আগে to বসে (Affirmative হলে)
Direct: He said to me, "Go there."
Indirect: He ordered me to go there.
Indirect: He ordered me to go there.
Negative Imperative হলে Verb এর আগে not to বসে
Direct: He said to me, "Do not go there."
Indirect: He forbade me to go there. / He ordered me not to go there.
Indirect: He forbade me to go there. / He ordered me not to go there.
অনুরোধ বা মিনতি বোঝালে Please/Kindly থাকলে → requested
Direct: He said to me, "Please help me."
Indirect: He requested me to help him.
Indirect: He requested me to help him.
4️⃣ Optative Sentence এর Narration
শুভকামনা/আশীর্বাদ/অভিশাপ বোঝালে —
said → wished / prayed
Direct: He said, "May you live long!"
Indirect: He wished that I might live long.
Indirect: He wished that I might live long.
5️⃣ Exclamatory Sentence এর Narration
আনন্দ, দুঃখ, বিস্ময় বোঝালে —
said → exclaimed with joy / exclaimed with sorrow / exclaimed with wonder
Interjection (Hurrah, Alas, Bravo ইত্যাদি) উঠে যায়
Interjection (Hurrah, Alas, Bravo ইত্যাদি) উঠে যায়
Direct: He said, "Hurrah! We have won the match."
Indirect: He exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.
Indirect: He exclaimed with joy that they had won the match.
Direct: She said, "Alas! I am undone."
Indirect: She exclaimed with sorrow that she was undone.
Indirect: She exclaimed with sorrow that she was undone.
Direct: He said, "What a beautiful flower it is!"
Indirect: He exclaimed with wonder that it was a very beautiful flower.
Indirect: He exclaimed with wonder that it was a very beautiful flower.
⚡ Exam এ দ্রুত মনে রাখার Shortcut
- Step 1: প্রথমে দেখুন বাক্যটি কোন Type — Assertive/Interrogative/Imperative/Optative/Exclamatory
- Step 2: Reporting Verb পরিবর্তন করুন (said to → told, ইত্যাদি)
- Step 3: সঠিক Connector বসান (that/if-whether/WH word/to)
- Step 4: Pronoun পরিবর্তন করুন
- Step 5: Tense পরিবর্তন করুন (Reporting verb Past হলে)
- Step 6: Time & Place word পরিবর্তন করুন
🎯 SSC/PSC/Rail/Police পরীক্ষায় সবচেয়ে বেশি আসে: Assertive ও Imperative sentence-এর Narration change — এই দুটোর উপর সবচেয়ে বেশি practice করুন।
0 Comments
Thanks you ❤️